Monday, January 17, 2011

On the Bright Side

It's always a little hard to make the early morning trek to Pueblo after a fun weekend in Denver. Inevitably, the 4:40 am alarm comes too early. Compared to last week's bone chilling sub zero temps (which made me think I was locums'ing in Alaska), the lovely 50 degree weather made my commute down I-25 easy breezy. I also enjoyed the sunrise over the Colorado plains. It's getting lighter at night, so when I leave the sun is setting over the foothills. Here's the Pueblo downtown Riverwalk looking pretty


Other high points of today include getting paid time a half for working on MLK day and an interesting mix of patients. From osteoporosis to HIV and refractory seizures, these patients are keeping me on my toes. Too many patients told me I was nice today, which always raises a red flag that they might be after something. Flattery will get you no where in prison! Not even with the chocolate heart doctor.

In other breaking prison news, 15 tylenol #3 tabs were stolen from the clinic med room over the weekend. No one knows how this theft occurred, but an empty baggie was found in the dumpster. There has been a big to-do in clinic about the missing T3s (the only narcotic we have). When anything goes wrong, the poor "agency nurses" become the scapegoats since they have limited experience at our facility. This theft prompted the Warden and Associate Warden to drop by and offer some observations. (They are both women, and the Warden is a nurse who worked her way up the ranks.) The mystery of the missing pills continues...I'll be on the look out for tylenol toxicity...

No comments:

Post a Comment