Thursday, January 28, 2010

Top Kenya Baby Names

Faith
Grace
Mercy
Immaculate
Precious
Mary
Anne
Susan
Jane
Joyce
Esther
John
Wanjiku
Wanjiru

I met a set of newborn twins yesterday named Sharon and Elvis. Sharon was named after my attending, but I’m not sure about Elvis. I am told he is not popular here. A visiting doctor from Pennsylvania told me there was a baby the other day named Ringtone, but I am convinced that baby was actually named Newton. Then there are our favorite names from the peds ward – Innerbelle and Alabel. I also met a baby named Trivia yesterday. There are many Ruths and Peters, but interesting baby names abound.

3 comments:

  1. Ringtone is great! Hope that makes its way over the to the US soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed along all those baby names for our pregnant employee due around Valentine's Day. She's having a boy so most of those were girls names. John isn't all that exciting. Wanjiru or Wanjiku--are they male or female? I brought three copies of different blogs for my co-workers to read today. Keep them blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ringtone!?!?!? aha ha ha!!!!! That's great.

    ReplyDelete