Monday, February 7, 2011

Hotel for Dogs

After more than 12 weeks of living la vida La Quinta, I have finally requested to have the same room each week. I have been trying out different rooms with the same king suite including "micro/fridge." I thought settling on the same room might make my stays seem more homey and ease my weekly battle with the thermostat. (Every room is slightly different, and this white noise addict likes the rooms with the built in fan).

Paradise found? Not so sure...

For you animals lovers out there, the La Quinta is very pet friendly. According to the online pet policy, "pets are welcome at most locations nationwide." (Good thing I'm not working at a prison in Manhattan, Queens, Monterrey, or San Antonio...)

Most weeks I have crammed demands such as "no adjoining door, first floor please, no pets" into the "special requests" field on my online reservation. Guess I had to forfeit those preferences when I put all my chips on room 120. While I did buy milk bones for Audrey the Pomerian who lived downstairs at my last apartment, these pooches aren't getting any treats from me. And they better keep the yapping down.

I am reminded of the experience of the nurse practitioner, who also travels from Denver. "I got sick of those barking dogs at La Quinta, so I moved to the Wingate." (While the nearby Wingate does offer a better breakfast, I found their manager to be less than accommodating when I requested to not have a paper thin adjoining door. I checked out and never looked back.)

Time to bust out the ear plugs and set the fan to high.

The joys of hotel living are still better than living in prison.

4 comments:

  1. One question I have is are there two prisons in Pueblo--a men's and a women's? Or do you just work at a women's prison? Once I thought you worked at both but lately you mostly describe working at a women's prison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just heard on NPR that meditation in prisions is cutting down on drugs and violence... might want to start prescribing some meditation for your patients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NPR must stand for National Prison Radio. I heard a story about prisoners and cell phones in CA today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture of the man in the jacuzzi with a dog is cracking me up!

    Where do you find these things?

    ReplyDelete