Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring PrisonBreak I

The Saudi Arabian military may have foiled my spring trip to Bahrain, but they didn't stop me from taking a epic roadtrip to my birth land in place of the Middle Eastern excursion. Matt and I stocked my car with camping gear, beach towels, and a cooler of diet coke, and set off west on a 10 day roadtrip. We spent two days at Zion National Park enjoying the dramatic canyons and awesome hiking. Instead of camping in the windy 30-50 degree weather, we opted for an extra night at the Zion Lodge. Matt, typically a hardy soul, even snubbed the Lodge's rustic "western cabin," opting for the "motel" room with a flat screen TV so he could watch the NCAA tournament. I was just happy to be warm. Save the camping for the summer!

We also ventured in the nearby town of Springdale, Utah for some bumbleberry pie at a sprawling complex containing a hotel, gift shop, bar, and theater. When forced to choose between a raucous St. Patrick's Day party and a slice of bumbleberry pie in the coffee shop with old people, I chose the pie. Future patrons, choose your a la mode flavor wisely.
Matt: "We'll take the 'giggle bush' ice cream with the pie."
Bumbleberry Sales Clerk: [firmly] "That's not ice cream. It's sherbert. And it doesn't complement the pie."
Me: "Uh...I guess we'll take the bumbleberry ice cream?"
BSC: "Good choice....I guess I shouldn't be so controlling..."

Anyone can read on a 5 ft sign in the store that a bumbleberry is a cross between a burpel and a binkel, grown on a giggle bush. http://www.bumbleberry.com/

1 comment:

  1. Remember this Wonka quote? "Lickable wallpaper for nursery walls. Lick an orange, it tastes like orange...Try the snozberry tastes like snozberry!..."

    The bumbleberry tastes like burpel...binkel berry!! DON'T try the "giggle bush!" it DOESN'T complement the bumbleberry.

    Who ever heard of...bumbleberry??


    ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLVig4g_mZ8

    ReplyDelete